With potential threat of fire N.B. residents in two areas told to be ready to evacuate
26-Aug-2025.

New Brunswick officials have given out an advisory for evacuation in place due to a new fire in the eastern part of the province.
At 6 p.m. on August 24, officials said, ‘People living on Highway 117 from Black River Bridge up to and including Little Branch should be prepared to evacuate within 24 hours' notice. They say a wildfire there poses a threat to "people and property."
People living on Highway 117 from Black River Bridge up to and including Little Branch should be prepared to evacuate within 24 hours' notice. They say a wildfire there poses a threat to "people and property."
That fire is three hectares in size and is considered out of control.
This comes after residents living near the coastal community of Pointe-Sapin, N.B., were asked to pack their essential belongings and monitor evacuation alerts due to a nearby fire earlier on Sunday.
The warning applies to people living within a two-kilometre radius of 200 Daigle Rd., New Brunswick's Emergency Measures Organization.
The fire burning near Pointe-Sapin in Kent County was discovered late Saturday evening. It is called Peatmoss Piles, measures 0.1 hectares — or about 1,000 square metres — and is marked contained as of 5 p.m. on August 24, on the fire data dashboard.
At August 24 as of 5:15 PM there were more than 20 active fires reported on the province's fire data dashboard. Out of five three were classified as out of control, Beaver Lake Stream fire in Northumberland County (238 hectares), Rocky Brook fire in Restigouche County (184.2 hectares) and Black River fire in Northumberland County (0.1 hectares).
A new 0.2-hectare fire called 296 in the Moncton area has almost been extinguished, according to the fire dashboard. It was detected on August 23.
Five fires across the province continue to burn contained within bulldozed breaks or wet lines. These include the Oldfield Road fire near Miramichi and the Chief's fire in Northumberland County.